Aaron and Keith Townsend (@ctoadvisor) talk to Chris Wolf (@cswolf, VP & CTO, Global Field & Industry at VMware) about emerging trends in the Enterprise and he gives us some insight into where he thinks the industry will go in the next few years.
- Topic 1 - It’s been a little over 3 years since you’ve gone over to VMware, leaving the analyst side at Gartner. How has the adjustment been? What’s been the biggest change?
- Topic 2 - Tell us about how what trends you are seeing in the industry and what is interesting to customers you talk too.
- Topic 3 - You wrote a blog series at the end of 2016 about the Third Industrial Revolution, tell everyone what you meant by that.
- Topic 4 - We talk to a lot of CTO’s and VC folks, it is always great to get their personal views as well, what is interesting to you personally these days?
- Topic 5 - Let’s talk VMware a bit, where do you see VMware’s vision talking the company in both the short and long term?
- Topic 6 - Something we see a lot of interest in lately is Function Based computing, sometimes referred too as Serverless. Will VMware be pursuing this technology as the next technology horizon post containers? How would other infrastructure products such as NSX or VSAN fit into this picture?