Brian talks with Joe Kinsella (@joekinsella, Founder and CTO of @CloudHealthTech) about his background at startups, the growth of the AWS ecosystem, how the buying patterns for cloud have shifted at customers, and how the rest of the industry compares to AWS.
- Topic 1 - Welcome to the show. CloudHealth is winning awards and growing, but for people that don’t know about you, give us some background on yourself and the company?
- Topic 2 - The AWS re:Invent show was a couple weeks ago. What’s the vibe of that marketplace? Compare it to the vibe you’re seeing from other cloud marketplaces?
- Topic 3 - CloudHealth does a lot of interesting things in term of managing cloud resources - performance, cost management, multi-cloud. What are some of the biggest cloud-usage drivers you’re seeing today - who is the buyer, what are the types of applications, etc.?
- Topic 4 - We’re many years into “cloud”, but it’s still not a completely mainstream thing for many companies. What lessons are people still learning and are those lessons now starting to get embedded into software/services?
- Topic 5 - How has spending on the cloud evolved over the last couple of years?
- Topic 6 - How do companies view IT vs. Shadow IT these days? Is it still a problem, or is Shadow IT being embraced more by the business because things are getting done faster?