Brian talks with Amy Lewis (@CommsNinja, Co-Host of The Geek-Whisperers) about the chaotic state of the IT industry, how much location impacts day-to-day work, and how people are making positive transitions in their work.
Topic 1 - Is the IT industry in a more chaotic state than it’s ever been?
- Public Cloud vs. IT vendors
- Open Source Software vs. IT vendors
- People openly looking for new jobs
- IT customers being very confused about what to buy/use/trust
- Are we at the end of a 20yr cycle (Vendor-VAR-Customer-TechSwimLanes)?
Topic 2 - What’s the pulse of your community? What are the most frequently asked questions (on-the-record and off-the-record)?
Topic 3 - Let’s talk about location. 10 years ago, teleworking was all the rage. Now, it feels like we’re back to a Silicon-Valley-centric world.
Topic 4 - What do you feel like a lot of people are focused on, which is actually a bad thing or a false hope? What are the good things that people are focused on?
Topic 5 - What do you feel like a lot of people are focused on, which is actually a bad thing or a false hope? What are the good things that people are focused on?