For many of us, inviting people into our lives and homes feels more like inviting judgment on our entertaining skills and stress on our already maxed-out schedules. And with the holidays approaching, you may be feeling the pressure.
But what if you knew that opening your front door had the power to radically change the world around you? To make an impact and leave a legacy with everyday invitations?
Jen Schmidt has set out to reframe how we think about hospitality and to equip us to walk a road of welcome in our daily lives. Jen knows that every time we choose open-door living—whether in our homes or by taking hospitality on the road—those we invite in get to experience the lived-out love of Jesus, our kids grow up in a life-lab of generosity, and we trade insecurity for connection.
In this episode, we talk to Jen about how you and your family can offer the life-changing gift of invitation, no matter the stage of life your family is in. We talk about:
* The freedom of hospitality, not the burden of it
* How invitation gives purpose to our kids and family
* The difference between hospitality and entertaining
* How your invitation can expand beyond your home
* Ways you can see your home as the most likely location for changing the world around you, one open door at a time.
To learn more about Jen’s book and Bible study, Just Open the Door, click here.
For information on The Becoming Conference, click here.